P.U.S.H

Holy Week 2012...As soon as I arrived at my place from a night of Visita Iglesia, I checked on my mobile phone and saw  an interesting and fitting text message from an unknown number. It says that with God's mighty power, our task in life is simply to PUSH - Pray Until Something Happens. It struck me, albeit its plain meaning. And because it dawned on me that I only know of one person who seems to have a penchant on using the word - push.

We'll I've got this sudden realization while I was praying in one of the Churches I visited. I've been praying for Him to take away my pain. I wanted this "brokenness" and heartaches gone. I told Him, I've been carrying it for so long. I want this pain to be over and be happy at last. Real happy. I realized asking God to free us from pain is one of the selfish things in life. He suffered, nailed to death; yet, never asked for the Father to take them all away. He could have asked; yet, He didn't. Maybe we've got pains that remain in us because they are meant to be that way. Not because He wants us to suffer but because that pain gives meaning. And only us would know what that means. My prayer now is not for the pain to leave me, but for the strength to rise above it and find joy each time that pain knocks at my door. Sometimes, we just have to recognize that we have pains. That sometimes they remain with us for too long a time or maybe for a lifetime. Some pains are not really that bad as they can fortify us and let us share, even a bit, of God's own pains.

So I guess I will just have to push even more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trusting the process