To see the world...that is the purpose of life.
I like all things philosophical. So I knew that I was going to like this movie even before I actually saw it. The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. Never have I imagined Afghanistan, Greenland and Iceland in a single movie. It was a feast in the eye. More than the visual effects though, I am drawn to the movie because I see myself in it. And when you see yourself in something, that something becomes meaningful to you. I’m a day-dreamer, too. I think I have a few episodes of zoning out but not the kind that Walter Mitty does. I would day-dream about another kind of life. I dream of me being a different person...living somewhere, being somewhere, doing something else. (Now, that's a confession.)
I'm glad I saw this film. It's a great way to be inspired at the beginning of the year. I am never more alive than when I am in another place. A new place. A foreign land… And this movie reminds me of that. I wanna see the world. Really see it. My life starts right here. Right now.
And I am a quote addict. I know a good one when I hear one. And you know that something struck me when it cannot escape me. I cannot not hold on to these:
“To see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, draw closer, to find each other, and to feel. That is the purpose of life.”
"Beautiful things don't ask for attention."
"Life is about courage and going into the unknown."
"If I like a moment, for me, personally, I don't like to have the distraction of the camera. I just want to stay in it… Right there. Right here."

Comments
Post a Comment