...and I get to live life

If there is one thing people from the world over agree on, it is that life is short. Even when they say life begins at 40. At whatever age we find ourselves at, I think there is a modicum of truth, if not absolute truth when we say, time passes by so swiftly without us really realizing it. If life is so fleeting, how do you really live every moment of it?

Maybe the easier question is what do you do with the short time given to you in this world? What if all you ever have is your most precious time?

If I was meant to answer that question at this point in time, I would say my daily routine would be waking up, making coffee or breakfast, watching morning news, reading, playing the guitar, watching TV (sure I can't do without some form of entertainment like The Voice Season 14 and Masterchef Kids Season 6), watching evening news, bedtime reading, sleeping... repeat. And of course, an hour of walking as my workout at least four times a week.

I have spent 15 years of my life working five days a week. That is 5 years less of half my lifetime on earth, so far. It is no wonder that just only a month of hiatus from work makes me feel like I am not doing much in my life right now. Am I being irresponsible? How can I feel like I'm retiring too soon, too early when life has just began at 40? And how dare me to feel like I'm enjoying every minute of it! That can't be fair to anyone. More so, to my parents.

If it's any consolation, I really didn't imagine being at this point in my life. For a year, I've been expecting myself to be preoccupied by packing up 15 years of my working life in this country and going abroad to have an entirely new life. I thought by now I would be spending the days preparing myself overseas. Not making coffee, reading, playing the guitar, spending time in coffee shops, etc. But I guess, we really could not be so sure about how life turns out. No matter how we have imagined and prepared ourselves for something.

But I have always believed that in the end, everything happens for a reason. That somehow, someday, Someone must be preparing me for something. I'm holding on to the faith that all of these must have meant one thing or the other.  I know I will never ever regret the time I spend reading the books I like, playing the guitar, sitting on coffee shops, pondering and reflecting on life, searching for what I really want, who I really am supposed to be, writing about all of the above... and if only for these things, I would live every minute of it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trusting the process