It Used To Be My Friday
For the past months, I have come to get used to this routine. This life on holdover. This life of wait and see. This life of simplicity (well not really simple when you have to spend some bucks for a cup or two of coffee). There was a time I wished this is all there is. That I don't have to go back to how life was before this. I am starting to believe life should just be like this. This carefree. When you only get to spend your time for the things you are passionate about and enjoy doing. In other words, when you get to live the life you're supposed to live.
I wished I don't have to get back to work again. The kind of work that ties you to your desk for at least 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week. The kind of work that consumes all of your waking hours and probably even when you're asleep. The kind that keeps you away from what's important and valuable. And therefore, strips a part of your being.
I have promised myself though that I will never let it happen again. I have made life resolutions to ensure I get to live to the fullest - doing what I am passionate about, finding joy in things,
This is the last Friday I’m gonna sit in here. The last of weekdays I don't have to think about anything but what to blog, what to read and watch, what to cook for dinner, what to bring for my cats, what to do for tomorrow. This would be the last of those carefree days when I could luxuriously just watch people, smile to harmless strangers while enjoying my cup of cappuccino. Ive got the sweetest three Fridays for the past weeks. Fridays I’ve been looking forward to. I've been used to this for a few months now. But the last three Fridays were the sweetest. For reasons only my heart and imagination would ever know.
I wouldn't have this kind of Fridays again. Or weekdays again. I wished I could say, Friday is here to stay. But I was hoping it would be special. But nothing special is supposed to happen today. And my heart is dampened. Thankfully, I've got enough reservoir of joy from yesterday to keep some sadness at bay.
Comments
Post a Comment